April 28, 2008

Día at the Senate!

Early tomorrow I leave for the ALA Día event in one of the U.S. Senate
chambers. Won't the attending school children be excited? Me too!

I remain amazed at how Día keeps growing throughout the month of April and even into May. Although April 30th has been the traditional celebration date these past twelve years, what is important is that communities hold annual spring celebrations of their daily commitment to link all children and families to books, languages and cultures. Partnerships with schools,parents, local organizations, book stores, funders and the media strengthenthe celebrations--and the community too.

I've learned a great deal from the Día events I participated in--Seattle,Portland, and Riverside, Ca. I'll be sharing what I'm learning on my web site soon.

Deep thanks to all of you who enrich Día events with your talents and creativity.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Hola, Pat!
I just stumbled upon your new blog...yay! Such a great idea. I'm looking forward to reading more. I am mentioning it on my blog, too, hope that is okay. (I've already referenced your site many times)

Welcome to the blogosphere!

~Monica