December 12, 2012

Today is the Feast Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe

From my Author’s Note in The Beautiful Lady: Our Lady of Guadalupe

People around the world, from diverse backgrounds and economic levels, come to seek her help, to fulfill a promise, and to gaze at Juan Diego’s cloak, or tilma, which miraculously still has Our Lady’s image preserved on the cactus-fiber cloth. On December 12, her feast day, millions visit the site. In 2002, the Catholic Church canonized Juan Diego as the first indigenous saint of the Americas.

It is a pleasure to share this story and cultural tradition.

A note from the blog manager about today's BOOK GIVEAWAY:
All you need to do to win one of 5 copies of The Beautiful Lady is add a comment below. Winners will be selected at random. I'll note the winners in a post tomorrow morning and you can email me your address.



See more images of Our Lady.

2 comments:

Vic & Luz said...

Thank you for this beautiful book! I can't wait to share it with my nephews and hijados!

Monica said...

This looks like such a lovely book! Is the giveaway closed? I'll certainly share it anyway...